On January 12-13, 2016, iGlobal Forum will host the 5th Specialty Finance Summit in New York. The first day is a Pre-Summit series of topical morning and afternoon workshops. The actual Summit begins on January 13, 2016 and will provide all attendees with the opportunity to hear directly from leading dealmakers in the industry, advising on the most effective strategies to close deals and find the best lending opportunities in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
At the opening of the Summit, Robert M. Siegel, Bilzin Sumberg Partner and Chair of the Commercial Finance Practice, will interview keynote speaker, Art Peponis, Head of Private Equity & Special Situations at Angelo Gordon. During their discussion, they will explore the regulatory environment, challenges of the current credit cycle, and the effects of online marketplace lending on the specialty finance sector. Their discussion will also explore how private equity players evaluate specialty finance businesses and monitor them post acquisition, growth opportunities for specialty finance players, as well as the outlook of the industry for 2016.
Other key topics will be addressed during the summit by several panels consisting of industry experts. The topics are expected to include:
- The expansion of the Online Lending Marketplace, including a discussion of asset class risks, navigating the regulation of this space, surviving changes in this sector, and trends towards consolidation.
- Investing in the middle market, SME’s, and growth companies – how are BDC’s affecting the growth of these small businesses?
- Real estate opportunities on the rise in the specialty finance sector: CMBS loans and REITS
- New and emerging asset classes in the specialty finance industry.
- The diversification of funding sources post-GE Capital, including in P2P lending.